Printer Live Feed

This is a live video feed of my 3D printer 

Thursday, August 20, 2015

8/20/2015 Update

I have disassembled the parts to glue the last few bits on before starting prep for painting.
I have also started to design a base for this thing.
I wanted to do something difficult that I didn't know how to do. So i want to make it out of natural stone, but have moving parts and fasteners. Below is a quick concept i whipped up to see if it would be cool or not. I am not happy with the support arms and will be redoing them. I also want to put a slip ring in the base so it can have electricity AND spin. I also want to design some kind of lit conduit that can light red, like a couple tubes you can see in the next generation TV series. I want these tubes to conceal the wires as well as look like they are carrying the warp energy out of the core, perhaps to some nacelles.

here is the current first concept of the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment