Printer Live Feed

This is a live video feed of my 3D printer 

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

9/16/2015 Update

I should have posted this a while ago, the warp core project was featured on the thinkbox blog. Check it out!

Currently i am awaiting warranty parts for the printer, a stepper driver failed. Ultimaker has been amazing and helped me do some very detailed troubleshooting and will have the board out the very next day! I love it when companies get it right!

Other news, I cracked the touch screen i was using, I saw a new multi-touch display that came out and doesn't use the HDMI port. It is significantly larger than the current display and requires a redesign of the back of the core. Rather than continuing to refine the design of the old screen, which used 3 PC boards and was a pain to pack in the tight space I have available. I had printed about 20 different configurations trying to get it all packed in there. This new solution should be cooler and less complex. I have my fingers crossed that i can get the OS to display in portrait mode and work properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment